All manuscripts submitted to the Arab World English Journal for Translation & Literary Studies(AWEJTLS) should be original and not have been submitted for review anywhere else. AWEJTLS will not publish papers that have been previously published in part or whole.
(A) General Requirements:
- Registration is required to submit items. Please register (free) Registration Form before submitting your paper in order to reach you on time.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word file format and should be submitted by Online Submission or as e-mail attachments to the editor of the Arab World English Journal at firstname.lastname@example.org Please do not submit multiple papers in one email, as this may delay our response time!
- Papers should be 3000-7000 words. The article should be approximately 7.000 words in length (including tables, figures, references, and appendixes. Maximum 15 pages. Exceeding the limit, extra fee will apply). They should be written as a continuous expository narrative in an article style – not as lists of points or a PowerPoint presentation.
- Manuscripts submitted to AWEJTLS must contain original work that has been neither previously published nor is it under consideration by another journal.
- All papers should have an abstract between 150 and 250 words in length.
- Each paper should include keywords (Listed in alphabetical order) Keywords are essential in search engine rankings. To achieve better exposure for your paper, please make sure your keywords are clear and accurate.
- Authors should include a cover page with the full title of the paper, the author/s full name, Author/s affiliation, address, e-mail address, postal address, and phone number. The author/s name should not appear elsewhere in the paper.
- Each paper should be double-spaced in 12 point font (Times New Roman) with 1-inch margins on all sides.
- the Arab World English Journal for Translation & Literary Studies(AWEJTLS) requires an Open Researcher and Contributor ID (ORCID) for all authors. ORCID is a persistent unique identifier for researchers and functions similarly to an article’s Digital Object Identifier (DOI). We have signed ORCID’s open letter and are committed to requiring ORCID iDs in the publishing process for our journal. You will need a Registered ORCID to submit an article or review proof in our journal.
- Footnotes should be avoided. Author/s notes are acceptable (please place your notes at the end of the paper before the references part)
- Authors should submit- separately from the paper 3-4 lines of bio(concise biography in a paragraph format)
- All authors required to include a statement in their submission that the manuscript is an original work
(B) Author’s responsibilities:
Authors of original papers should present an accurate account of the work as well as an objective discussion of its significance. Data should be represented accurately in the paper. A paper should contain sufficient detail and references to permit others to check on or replicate the work. Authors are also required to prepare their manuscripts according to the format given in AWEJTLS’s Template
Multiple, redundant or concurrent publication
the Arab World English Journal for Translation & Literary Studies(AWEJTLS) requires all authors of a research paper to sign a letter that states that the manuscript has not been published before, and is not under consideration for publication in any other journals. The author or authors should agree also to transfer to (AWEJTLS) all rights, including the exclusive right to electronically store, reproduce and distribute the contribution wholly or in part, including publish, reprints, translations, photographic and reproductions. (Transfer Copyright Agreement) Publication in AWEJTLS transfers the right to AWEJTLS to distribute papers, but authors do retain their copyright. Submission to an Arab World English Journal for Translation & Literary Studies(AWEJTLS is taken by the journal to mean that all the listed authors have agreed to these terms.
Originality, plagiarism and acknowledgment of sources
The authors are responsible to ensure the originality of their submissions It is expected that the data in the articles will be authentic. Authors must submit only original works, and should appropriately cite or quote the work and/or words of others. Authors are required to send a statement indicating that the submission is original work. (General Requirements).
Authors obliged to participate in the peer-review process
Authors are obliged to participate in a peer-review process of their submitted manuscript. They should communicate with AWEJTLS editors and respond to all the comments and any suggestions of reviewers. They should also follow any relevant deadlines.
Authors are obliged to provide retractions or corrections of mistakes
All errors discovered in the manuscript after submission must be swiftly communicated to the Editor. Authors of published material also have a responsibility to inform the journal promptly if they become aware of any part that requires correcting.
Authorship of the paper
Authorship should be limited to those who have made a significant contribution to the conception, design, execution, or interpretation of the reported study. All those who have made significant contributions should be listed as co-authors. The corresponding author will ensure that all contributing co-authors are included in the author list. The corresponding author will also verify that all co-authors have approved the final version of the paper and have agreed to its submission for publication.
Author/s attest to the fact that all authors listed on the title page have contributed significantly to the work, have read the manuscript, attest to the validity and legitimacy of the data and its interpretation, and agree to its submission to the Arab World English Journal for Translation & Literary Studies(AWEJTLS). All authors agree that the author list is correct in its content and order and that no modification to the author list can be made without the formal approval of the Editor, and all authors accept that the Editor’s decisions over acceptance or rejection or in the event of any breach of the Principles of Publication Ethics and Publication Malpractice Statement in Arab World Journal being discovered of retraction are final. No additional authors will be added post-submission unless editors receive agreement from all authors and detailed information is supplied as to why the author list should be amended. On behalf of all co-authors, the corresponding author shall bear full responsibility for the submission. Any violation of the terms of Publication Ethics and Publication Malpractice Statement may lead to retraction of the paper.
Disclosure and conflicts of interest
All authors should include a statement disclosing any financial or other substantive conflicts of interest that may be construed to influence the results or interpretation of their manuscript. All sources of financial support for the project should be disclosed.